Google defines a life hack as “a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one’s time and daily activities in a more efficient way.” If you have any life hacks that you do on a daily basis, good for you! There are certainly times when we could all use an easier, less expensive way to do things. Here are a few life hacks we came across:
- Dental floss can be used to cut nice straight lines in cakes, cheeses, and other soft foods. Just be sure to use non-minty flavored floss or you may end up with an unexpected taste in your mouth!
- Rubbing a walnut on your scratched wood furniture will help remove the scratch.
- If you have limited space to hang your clothes in the closet, try hanging soda can tabs on the neck of your clothes hangers. You can then hang additional hangers on each tab to give yourself double the space.
- Paint the key grip of your look-alike keys in different colors with nail polish to tell them apart.
- Instead of trying to reach into that candle jar to get to the wick way down on the bottom, use a piece of uncooked spaghetti to light the candle.
- Use a staple remover to separate those hard to open key rings so you can slip your keys right on.
- Hang towel racks on the inside of your kitchen cabinet doors to hang the lids to your pots and pans.
- When painting, wrap a rubber band from the top to the bottom of the paint can so that you can wipe excess paint from your brush easily. It will help keep excess paint from the side of the can which will also make it easier to close.
Finding good life hacks can be a trial and error type process. For those times when your life hacks are more error than trial, we want you to have the best insurance possible. Give us a call today!