Now that the fall season has begun, you may want to take a road trip to see some fall foliage. September and October are peak seasons for witnessing nature’s beautiful colors show their faces in the trees. Here are a few tips that will help you get the best pictures of those gorgeous leaves this autumn:Plan on taking your trip in either the early morning or early evening. The bright sunlight during the middle of the day can be too bright for your pictures.
- Plan on taking your trip in either the early morning or early evening. The bright sunlight during the middle of the day can be too bright for your pictures.
- Don’t have a great camera? Try using your Smartphone. Smartphone cameras have come a long way and there are so many apps available these days that can help adjust your pictures. Plus, you can upload them to your favorite sharing sites or order prints immediately after taking the pictures.
- Rainy day? Don’t worry. The air is usually very clear immediately following the rain. Wait it out and you may have the opportunity to take the best pictures yet!
- Look for leaves in other places besides the trees. Fallen leaves can be just as beautiful. Look in puddles, on walkways, or even see if you can find leaves tucked into unnatural corners of buildings.
- Don’t be afraid to filter. If your pictures are not coming out exactly how you want them to, adjust your camera’s settings or run them through a filter. The object of your pictures is to capture the essence of the beautiful site you see. Sometimes the camera itself cannot do that on its own and may need some help.
Of course, make sure you are prepared for your trip before you go, too. Grab some snacks and drinks and make sure your car insurance is up to date before you set out on your fall foliage adventure. Have a great time enjoying all that nature has to offer this fall!