Valentine’s Day may leave some people feeling guilty; there is so much chocolate! We are here to tell you to feel guilty NO MORE! Indulging in dark chocolate is not only a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth but has a variety of health benefits.
So what are the benefits? Allow our Colorado insurance agency to tell you:
- Dark chocolate has been proven to help lower blood pressure and cholesterol;
- Dark chocolate is full of healthy antioxidants that are able to fight off heart disease;
- Dark chocolate can help prevent heart dise
ase by inhibiting the oxidation of LDL cholesterol;
- Dark chocolate contains serotonin, a feel-good chemical that acts as an anti-depressant;
- The level of serotonin may help eliminate pain for women during PMS;
- The release of pleasurable endorphins and dopamine may increase sexual arousal and bliss;
- Only 1/3 of the fat in dark chocolate is bad for your health. Much better than milk chocolate!
As long as you eat your dark chocolate truffles in moderation, you should stop feeling so guilty! The health benefits of dark chocolate are definitely worth the little indulgence.
Our Colorado insurance agency hopes you have enjoyed these health facts and we hope you come back for future tips! We always have health advice to offer and reliable health insurance, too. Do not hesitate to contact us for a free quote!
Until then, enjoy your Valentine’s Day and that dark chocolate rose!