In only a few days, 2012 will be here! Can you believe it?
While we all enjoy celebrating New Year’s Eve with friends and family, we also realize just how dangerous it can be without the proper precautions. It is fact that New Year’s Eve is the night with the highest rate of drunk-driving accidents and collisions. If you and your friends are not careful about driving and throwing parties, you are sure to become a part of that statistic.
In order to keep you safe this holiday, our Colorado insurance agency has put together a list of the top 10 safety tips for New Year’s Eve. Take a look!
- If you are hosting a party, always serve food and non-alcoholic beverages along with the alcohol.
- Make sure your home is ready for guests to spend the night.
- Put away all fragile items and valuables in your home to prevent an accident or damage.
- Stop serving alcohol at LEAST an hour or two before guests will be leaving.
- Call y
our local cab agency to find out their rates and hours.
- If you will be driving home later, make sure you find a designated driver.
- If you are going over a friend’s place, always pack an overnight bag; just in case.
- Whether you have been drinking or not, always be alert on the drive home. You never know who is driving next to you!
- Be careful setting off fireworks. If you never have done so, it may be best to pass on this.
- Make sure your pets are safe and sound; many may be afraid of loud noises, fireworks, crowds and the rowdiness in your home.
These top 10 safety tips are only a few ways to help you avoid an accident on New Year’s Eve. As long as you are mindful of your actions and monitor your alcohol intake, you should be okay!
If you do experience an unexpected accident at home or on the road, have no fear. At Dagley Insurance and Financial Services, we make it easy for you to bundle your auto and home insurance policies. This way, you will have the proper coverage in place for an affordable price. If there is any time to have Colorado insurance, the time is now.
Happy New Year!