With 4th of July just around the corner, Americans across the country are gearing up to celebrate Independence Day in style!
Although this should be a fun, festive holiday, keep in mind that risks are still present—that’s why at Dagley Insurance and Financial Services we are here to educate our local community on how you can celebrate safely!
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, annually, on average 9,000 Americans are injured by fireworks and in 2009, 67% of fireworks injuries occurred between June 19 and July 19. Being aware of the risks present – as well as brushing up on your fire safety knowledge – is just what you need to have an enjoyable holiday and create lasting family memories.
Check out our tips below!
Firecracker & Firework Safety:
- Never light fireworks indoors or near dry grass – always try to stand at least 25 feet away from other combustible objects such as trees, automobiles, tents, etc.
- Always arm yourself with a bucket of water, garden hose and/or a fire extinguisher
- Do not wear loose clothing while using fireworks
- Stand several feet away from lit fireworks. If a devise fails to go off, do not stand over it to investigate it
- Supervise children around fireworks at all times
Do you have other great firecracker safety tips? Feel free to get social with us on our Facebook Fan Page! We’d love to hear what you’re doing to both celebrate AND protect your home and family this 4th of July!