With the onset of a new year, we at Dagley Insurance thought it would be fun to test our knowledge on some of the biggest insurance news stories published in 2010 by Insurance Journal. We hope you’ll give it a try too…and who knows maybe you’ll walk away with a fun fact or two!
We chose our 5 top favorite questions, check them out below:
1. What state had the highest number of Internet fraud complaints in 2009?
C. New York
2. How much did oil giant BP set aside to pay claims from the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster?
A. $20 Billion
B. $100 Billion
C. $75 Billion
D. $200 Billion
3. How much have the world’s insurers and reinsurers paid out in catastrophe claims so far this year?
A. More than $10 Billion
B. More than $20 Billion
C. More than $30 Billion
D. More than $40 Billion
4. What was the workers’ compensation industry’s combined ratio for 2009?
5. Last May a volcanic eruption grounded flights in Europe for several weeks. Where was the volcano located?
Want more trivia? For those insurance-savvy minds, you can access more of the Insurance Journal’s top trivia from 2010 on their website, within their National News section.
All of us at Dagley Insurance would like to wish you and your families a very happy, healthy and successful New Year!
Answers: 1. D; 2. A; 3. C; 4. B; 5. D